Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

The truth about video game awards events | Opinion

The Game Awards are almost here, which means here comes the Discourse.

I've worked out that I've helped to organise around 50 video game awards so far in my career, including the Best Places To Work Awards, GI 100, Women In Games Awards, MCV Awards, 30 Under 30, and the Games Media Awards. And that doesn't factor in my roles as a judge, including four times on various BAFTA panels.

You'd think I love awards, but I actually don't, not really. As a spectator, I always feel they run too long (despite the best efforts of the team behind it), and as an organiser... well awards are the one event type where more people leave disappointed than happy. There's nothing worse than a Net promoter score after an awards show.

Read more



source https://www.gamesindustry.biz/the-truth-about-video-game-awards-events-opinion